MapApp is an Extension to ArcGIS Desktop that builds and saves multiple grid based map sets. This is used for hardcopy or digital map production and tax mapping, public safety, and utility operations where large sets of cartographic products are required.
- Contact Us to Set Up a Live Demo and See How MapApp Can Work for You!
- Check out our "Evaluate Buy" page to see how to download MapApp to try out, or to buy the product immediately! Start using MapApp now!
MapApp has many useful features, including:
- Toolbar interface allows for easier creation and navigation of large map sets.
- MapApp enables the definition and creation of up to 3 map sets at one time.
- Save and Load functions for session and map set parameters!
- Map Set definition interface very easy to use.
- Selection of index tile layer and unique identifier.
- Ability to scale maps per a fixed value or read out of the index layer for a field-based scale value for a particular index grid cell.
- All scaling input in the interface presented in both true scale and inches-to-foot scale for ease of understanding and use.
- Selecting index grid tiles for map production is very flexible, you can use:
- All Tiles
- ArcMap defined selection sets to produce a subset of maps for particular production purposes (such as "all the maps modified after a certain date or period"). The selection set can be defined either via spatial or attribute queries inherent in ArcGIS.
- Building maps for tiles where features of a certain type show up.
- Building an index map for the pages is very robust, offering:
- Individual pages are highlighted on the index map.
- Show the full extent of the index grid, or
- Show just the tiles adjacent to the map page tile, or
- Use a fixed scale as determined by you, or
- Use a scale specified for each tile in the index grid database
- Choose to show whichever layers that are loaded in ArcMap. This is a useful aid to communicate the location of a map in the real world.
- Text prefixing and suffixing for all automatically generated text, with preview functionality. This is an important feature to enhance consistency and presentation of text generated automatically from the GIS databases.
- Ability to label page numbers as specified in a grid layer field.
- Ability to label the neighboring tiles based on a selected field value.
- Building automatically generated text for titles and other page elements.
- Many different Print or Export options such as current map displayed, pages set by properties, or interactive via print control.
- Explicit control of individual map page properties including map scale, distinct auto text, date tag, and inclusion or exclusion in a map set export.
- InfoGeographics can provide assistance defining the index grids and base templates to be used with MapApp as a part of product delivery.
- Once base templates are defined it is easy to copy them over and modify for different sizes, layouts, and purposes.
- Produce stunning and highly useful map sets in Mass Quantities!