Custom Application Solutions for Your Needs
Developing and deploying successful applications is all about implementing proven, reliable software code; easily utilized by end users to satisfy governmental and business functions. InfoGeographics
strength in providing exceptional programming services distinguishes us among the majority of GIS firms.
- Our programming skill set
- InfoGeographics has expertise in the following software technologies and programming platforms
- Web mapping
- Internet and Intranet based GIS mapping is experiencing an unprecedented adoption and growth through the public, government, and corporate world. IGI has worked with web mapping technology throughout its history and has gained in-depth expertise in the prominent web mapping platforms
- Applications and programming
- Depending on its intended use, application programming can take many forms and range in complexity. Sometimes a simple script will fulfill a business need other times a more robust encapsulated application is required
- Commercial software
- Building, offering, and supporting commercial GIS software compels us to address many aspects of application programming that are typically not necessary in a one-off project or single organization application
Our Programming Skill Set
The following are some of the software technologies and programming platforms that InfoGeographics has expertise in:
- ArcGIS for Server (with extensive experience in Geodatabase)
- ArcGIS for Desktop (Basic, standard, and advanced)
- Operating systems: Windows 2000 - Windows 10 / Windows server 2003-2012 R2
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005-2015, Visual Studio 6, Visual Source Safe, Visual Studio Online, TFS/Tit
- Crystal reports
- Creation and maintenance of COM and .NET assembly DLLs
- System and application documentation
- Macros and stored procedures with
Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access, and more
- ADO.NET / ADO / OleDB programming
- Installer development
- Server technologies:
ASP.NET (VB or C#)
Java / JSP / JSF / Servlets
IIS and Apache setup and configuration
Web Services (server and consumer)
SOAP Web Services (server and consumer)
- Client technologies:
Vector Graphics (SVG)
Graphics Creation and Editing
Internet / Intranet and mobile-based GIS mapping is experiencing an unprecedented adoption and growth through the public, government, and corporate world. InfoGeographics has worked with web mapping technology throughout its history and has gained in-depth expertise in the prominent web mapping platforms.
Web mapping application implementations we have been involved in span simple portable interfaces and databases to in-network applications that optimize an organization's operations to external public facing websites to nationally distributed and highly focused business geospatial sites. InfoGeographics is also an Authorized Implementer for Geocortex
web mapping software. Whatever the level of web mapping needed, InfoGeographics has the knowledge and experience to implement it successfully.
Applications and Programming
Depending on its intended use, application programming can take many forms and range in complexity. Based on InfoGeographics implementation methodology which determines application needs up front, the most efficient application development can be targeted.
From there, following a pragmatic and incremental path to full implementation will ensure a solid foundation for both the initial application and building additional capabilities and enhancements in the future.
These key steps include System and Functional Specifications, In-house Development on our full-fledged GIS server environment, extensive Testing, and Rollout via a variety of means. We have a wealth of experience with a great deal of programming tools and projects, with our specialty working with the Esri suite utilizing ArcObjects, .NET, and Visual Studio.
Spacial Data Solutions
Building, offering, and supporting commercial GIS software compels us to address many aspects of application programming that are typically not necessary in a one-off project or single organization application.
Some of these facets are version control, bug handling, enhancement tracking, development-staging-production environments, order fulfillment, and many more. Integrating these important processes into our entire programming practice and producing well-rounded and complete applications has elevated this part of our professional practice to a much higher level.